Monday, February 06, 2006

Trip to Lapland

A short pause with writing... I was in Lapland, Levi. We spent three really nice days enjoying the marvelous nature of Northern Finland and various activities.
One of the best experiences during the trip was a husky ride! It was so great. We visited a husky farm with almost 200 dogs. I have never seen such energetic and eager animals. They were just flitting around in tether, waiting for the moment to be allowed to start running and pulling the sledge. I have to say that I never expected it to be so much fun! We did a 3 km ride and only one of us managed to fall with his sledge. The dogs didn't mind, they just continued running although the rider fell. ;)

We were also on a snowmobile safari. That was fun, too. When we came to the office, they made us blow to alcometer to ensure nobody was drunk. Well, we had been partying quite heavily the night before… Two of us didn’t make it. ;) I made it, so I got my own snowmobile. I was quite scared in the beginning; it didn't really feel stable and safe at all. Guys behind me became quite frustrated when they couldn't drive that fast, so we changed the order in the middle and I drove last in the line. ;) But, in the end, also I was encouraged to drive faster and it really was a lot of fun.
And, of course when we were in Lapland, we went to do some downhill skiing (I had my snowboard), but that wasn’t really anything special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home