Monday, February 20, 2006

Vienna state opera's ladies' room

So, I’m back in Finland. Vienna was a really beautiful place. We went to see Sisi museum and the surroundings of Vienna. The museum was quite impressive I must say. Especially the Imperial Silver Collection was incredible. One could almost imagine how it was to have a fancy dinner then, centuries ago. Nice.

We went also to opera (Vienna state opera) to see Puccini’s Tosca. The opera was of course really fine, but it was the ladies' room that really amazed me. When I went there during the break, there was a cleaning lady working. First I was a bit irritated because she was cleaning there just when people came in (bad timing!), but then I realized that she cleaned the toilets after every user! For real, she went in before me, cleaned the toilet, pulled the paper a bit outwards from the automat and held the door open for me. (“Bitte Schön”) What a service. Wonder if that could work in Finland?

My journey back to Finland didn’t go exactly how I planned. When I came to Copenhagen, I was told that my next flight was cancelled… (That’s my luck!) So, I got to wait for 3,5 hours before the next one. What is positive is that I came home with Finnair that serves food and beverages on the plane (SAS don’t) and also I flew straight to Helsinki and not via Stockholm as it was planned. Oh well, home sweet home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home